Sunday 18 December 2011

Waiting

Sometimes when I am alone and have time to kill, I will sit by a bus shelter and write very short stories called flash fiction with my mobile phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood outside your door, I couldn't think anymore. As I left your children playing music I decided to see you tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of cold, out on the streets, not doing really doing anything. I like the smell of the restaurant nearby, it's sweet and so tasty its as if I'm eating the air. Kind of... Just sitting here, appreciating the sounds in the distance, the hum of the bus and wow, the guitar plays through so loud as if its in my room. Its sound is unrecognisable yet so distinct in its electric buzz, pardon me but its even distorted a little! When this sound stops I think and feel alone again. As the sound returns it wakes me from a bad sleep. Neither my toes nor fingers feel as cold as they should, and my neck, though reminding me swiftly that writing my thoughts on a phone isn't convenient especially when I can't spell, doesn't feel achy as it should. This makes my cold feel better and the streets look beautiful. I still sit, the bus behind me comes so close to the shelter I sit up a bit, as the street lights dazzle and the music sings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diamonds sometimes pass the opportunity to visit their more dull and colourless cousins. I'm not a diamond – not from that make up at all, but even though I'm hardly a spark I still wave my hand at things that I should say hello to. I will always admire those who say yes instead of maybe. Sitting help with zilch to do, I quietly tell myself – next time, defiantly next time, I'll say yes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I said kind of cold, I meant really cold. The streets now play their usual night melody – icy wind, shaking trees, a few cars, and a couple of buses roaring impatiently. Brr, why did I stay for so long so pointlessly? Now by some odd motion of wind my right face freezes as I wait for the bus to come, something that may take a long time indeed – I don't know, I didn't really check the second time and the first time hasn't came and now I'm struggling to type but actually I'm ok, I got to go out today, minus the disaster. Oh boy. I hope he didn't notice. Maybe I won't... No. I want to. I really do. He must think me a creepy. Oh, I really hope he wasn't behind me so much. I hope this bus comes soon I'm freezing! I keep looking but no luck, the kind gentleman beside me cleared my seat from his litter, my legs are cold maybe I should have walked. Frozen mind too cold to think sense. I'm. Just. Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment